Sunday, November 7, 2010

My Love

I met my love in April, 2007 in quite an unusual manner – I read about him in a magazine. There was a long article about him and a lot of people praised him, too. Some talked about the magnificent experiences they had shared with him, some said he was the best thing that had ever happened to them, some said there was nothing like him in the world – he was special and unique. I was astonished to see my love has so many friends from around the world, although he is very young. However, I did not allow that put me off and I promptly decided to introduce myself to him. Luckily enough, the meeting happened very quickly and easily. He was not conceited, snobbish or reserved. From 19 April to 18 May we went out on a few days and got to know each other better, but I can now say that our serious relationship started exactly on 1 month anniversary of our first date – on 19 May he threw a huge party and introduced me to his friends, some of whom came from faraway countries just for him! I liked them all, their spirit, their friendliness, their open-mindness. And, as for him – well, that evening we decided to make our relationship exclusive and to go on a holiday together.

The summer of 2007 that we spent traveling around Europe was a revelation for me – I discovered an adventurer inside me, new horizons, new interests, I learnt how to trust him and other people I met along the way.

My love and I have always got on well, we’ve never had any arguments or disputes, I’ve never met his “dark side”. The more I got to know him, the more I loved him. My parents and friends were a bit suspicious about him, but when I introduced him and when they found out more about him – they’ve started adoring him and he’s now a part of our family. Some of his friends I met are now my best friends – even more, they’re sisters and brothers to me.

Although we are not always together, I feel I’m never alone. And, although our relationship is quite unusual, alternative and unconventional, to me, it’s perfect. We’ve lived so many unforgettable and enchanting moments together and I associate some of the best moments of my entire life with him. He can make me smile in my black moments, he gives me strength and will. When he is not around, I know the next time we meet will be a new experience and that I will find out more about both of us again. I know we are connected even when we are on different continents.

I’m planning to be with my love forever. There’s nothing that can stop our relationship and it will always be the priority. My love was my new beginning, is my present passion and will be my future support.

Would you like me to introduce him to you? His name is – Couch Surfing.

Dedicated to: Clarissa Howe, Yanin Chivakidakarn, Sotiris Stylianos , Marko Nikolic, Deniss Peld and Luciano Q.
Written with all CSers in heart and mind

No comments:

Post a Comment